How do I factory reset my modem?
A factory reset restores all the settings and information in your modem back its original state.
This is useful if you can't remember the login details, or you're having connection problems.
Please note that this resets ALL modem settings – this includes your wireless network settings, or any special settings such as port forwarding. Note down any specific details within the modem prior to the reset so you can then re-enter them once the reset has been completed.
If you need to download a copy of your modem installation guide, click here.
To reset your modem
- Locate the Reset button, protected by a pinhole on the back of your modem. It's usually next to where you plug the power in.
- Grab an object such as a pen, toothpick or paperclip.
- Push and hold down the Reset button for 10-15 seconds (no more).
- Wait for 5-10 minutes as your modem resets itself.
- Don't turn the power off during this process.
If you have a Fritz box modem then:
- Log into the fritz box.
- Click "System" and then "Backup".
- Click on the "Factory Settings" tab.
- Click the "Load Factory Settings" button.
If you cant log in to the web interface, if the modem has locked up
- Plug an analogue phone into either Fon1 or Fon2 port.
- Press the following key sequence: #991*15901590*
- The light on the modem will flash and the modem will reset to the factory defaults.