How can I troubleshoot my Orcon Genius home phone line?
Sometimes a hiccup may occur when using an Orcon Genius home phone line, but these hiccups can usually be resolved by following a few simple troubleshooting steps.
- The Genius phone line works over the internet, so the first step is to check your internet connection is active by visiting a website on your computer.
- If your internet isn’t working, please follow the steps in the broadband troubleshooting guide here
- If your internet is working, but your phone is not, please see the next step.
- If you’re experiencing noise, static, or an echo on the line, please conduct an isolation test by following the instructions available here. Once complete, return to these instructions.
- If you can't hear the caller on the other end of the line, please make sure your handset's volume is turned up. On the Genius handset, press the 'up' button on the control pad to access the call volume menu.
- If you are using the older Genius Full, with the Genius Handset, please follow the instructions here for unregistering and re-registering your handset.
If you're having trouble making or receiving calls you can try:
- Ensure that your phone is connected to the Green Phone Port/Telephone 1 port on the Genius Black/Genius White respectively. Ensure this is connected directly into this port (No filters, not running through any internal house wiring.)
- Test a different handset/phone. Try a different cable.
- If the ‘Phone/Telephone1’ light is not showing on the modem, please remove your phone from the aforementioned port, and perform a factory reset on your connection. This will reset the modem settings to default, including your wireless network and any port forwarding you might have set up. Click here for a guide.
If your problem still persists, please call the helpdesk on 0800 13 14 15.