How can we help?
- How do I get the best speeds from my Fibre connection?
- How do you perform a trace route in Windows?
- What are upload and download speeds, how do they differ?
- What Programs can impact my Internet Speeds
- How and why should I do a ping test?
- What speeds can I expect and what affects speed?
- What do internet speeds mean?
- Will you slow my connection down?
- Why does my speed on UFB sometimes drop?
- How and why should I do a trace route?
- See more
Does using WiFi with my fibre connection affect my speeds?
While WiFi is super convenient, this convenience does have a trade-off. Wireless is not as reliable as a cabled connection to your modem.
Wireless speeds are impacted by many factors including:
- Distance between your device and the modem
- Appliances (Cordless handset w/ base station, fridges, Wireless speakers, some LCD and Plasma displays emit harmonic interference, microwaves, cameras, baby monitors, neighbours' wireless devices etc.)
Some appliances may not specify that they operate in the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz band and will instead be labelled as "Dual Band", "Wi-Fi", or "Wireless" devices.
Still have questions?