How can we help?
- How do I know if I am a Standard User or Low User?
- How long does it take to switch to Orcon Power?
- What should I do if I am medically dependent on power?
- What extra fees may apply?
- Who do I call if there is an issue with my Power?
- How does the prompt payment discount work?
- How much does Orcon Power cost?
What should I do if I am medically dependent on power?
Please let us know if you or a family member are medically dependent on power, and whether loss of electricity may result in loss of life or serious harm. Medical dependence on electricity could be for use of medical or other electrical equipment needed to support a treatment regime.
If any member of your household is medically dependent, then you should advise us immediately, if you have not done so already.
We will request evidence of medical dependency – it’s likely that the GP or DHB has already provided this in a letter.
Still have questions?