It's easy to bring your existing New Zealand mobile number when you join Orcon Mobile – just follow these steps:
- Once you receive your SIM card, pop into your phone and activate it by calling 6890.
Hang on to your old SIM card, you'll need it later.
- Register your Orcon SIM card at My Orcon Mobile and create your new 4 digit pin.
- Log in to your Orcon Mobile account using your Orcon mobile number (which you can find on the small card that arrives with your mobile SIM) and the 4 digit pin code you created.
- Tap Transfer Your Number in the menu at the top of the page.
- Fill in the form and tap Confirm transfer.
- Take your Orcon SIM card out of your phone and pop your old SIM card back in. Wait to receive an SMS asking you to confirm if you want to move your number to another provider.
You must reply YES within 2 hours of receiving the SMS or the transfer will be cancelled and you will need to start the process again from step 3.
From here, your transfer will be completed within 3-4 business hours. You can either leave your old SIM card in your phone until it stops working, or pop your new Orcon SIM card in right away and use your temporary number until the transfer is complete.
You can check this by reviewing your previous mobile plan details or by contacting your previous mobile provider.
Prepay customers can find the serial number on your old SIM card, and account customers can find the account number on an invoice from the previous provider.
If you are unable to find your old serial number or account number, we recommend contacting your previous mobile provider.