How can we help?
- Can I disable mobile data on Orcon Mobile?
- Can I use directory 018 with Orcon Mobile?
- How much does mobile data cost on Orcon Mobile?
- Does it cost to receive a text message?
- How do I connect my phone to my wireless network?
- I have Unlimited texts with Orcon Mobile, but I've been charged for a text message
- How do I check and change mobile plans with Orcon Mobile?
- I can't send a multimedia/MMS message.
- I'm not receiving text messages
- How do I cancel my mobile plan?
- See more
Can I keep my phone number if I move to Orcon Mobile?
Yes absolutely – Your Orcon SIM will be dispatched with a new number and your plan details already loaded onto it. Once it has been activated (by popping it in your phone and calling 6886) you can port your number across to Orcon by visiting http://mobile.orcon.net.nz.
Complete the registration process and then log in and go to the “Port your number” page. Fill out the information required and submit the porting request. This will move your number from your current mobile provider or Orcon post pay SIM card onto your new prepay SIM card.
The porting process will take between 2 and 4 business hours to complete and means that you won't need to give everyone a new number - they can just continue to call and text your existing number. This is valid for any mobile number from any NZ network.
For a complete overview of getting your mobile set up with Orcon, check out our helpful video below:
Still have questions?