How can we help?
- Can I remove the ONT?
- How to configure a Static IP on a PC
- What is Malware/Spyware?
- What is MTU?
- What is the difference between IPv4 and IPv6
- Is there a fault in my area?
- Do you tell people how many requests for information for customer data you get from government agencies (including ‘Privacy Act 11E’ requests?)
- I have forgotten my username and/or password
- How do I get help?
- What does the Orcon helpdesk support?
- See more
Why can’t I use my internet or make calls?
YOUR ACCOUNT IS POSSIBLY OVERDUE AND HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED BY OUR CREDIT DEPARTMENT.
What to do?
If you are connecting through the restricted connection you will see a ‘Block Page’. Follow the instructions on the ‘Block Page’ to get back on-line. Credit Card payments will lift the block immediately once your router has been rebooted. Internet Banking Payments will take 2-3 working days to process against your account.
If you are connecting through an alternative connection, (Mobile Data, Rural Connection, Dial-Up or a Legacy Connection) you will need to pay your account in full to get back on-line. The easiest way to do this is to go to My Orcon to check if there is an outstanding amount on your account. While there you can pay your account online.
- Click the following link to go to the log-in page - My Orcon
- Log in using your Orcon username and password
- If there is an amount outstanding, this will show under Your Balance
- To pay the account, click Pay Now
- Once your account has been paid in full, please turn your modem off at the wall (leave it off for 2 minutes), then turn it back on. Your service will be restored as soon as your payment has been processed and your modem has been restarted. It can take the modem/router approximately 5 - 10 minutes to completely come back on-line depending on what plan you are on. If it's not working after 15 minutes, try turning it off and on once more. If you still have no luck please contact us at https://www.orcon.net.nz/request_support .
IF YOU'VE MADE A PAYMENT AND THE RESTRICTION WAS LIFTED, BUT YOU STILL CAN'T GET ON-LINE.
Sometimes it takes a while to get back on-line after your account has been restricted. You will need to turn off your modem/router (i.e. unplug the power cord) and then turn it back on after 2 minutes. It can take the modem/router approximately 5- 10 minutes to completely come back on-line depending on what plan you are on.
Whilst your account is suspended you can still make emergency calls or contact us on 0800 13 14 15.
Still have questions?