How can we help?
- What does my plan include?
- How can I view my bill and usage?
- Top Tips - A quick overview of the useful stuff you can do online
- How do I log into My Orcon?
- What can I do with My Orcon?
- How do I set a data usage alert?
- How do I change my contact details or billing address?
- How can I change my payment method?
- Can I get more data or upgrade my plan?
- How do I set up a direct debit?
- See more
How do I set a data usage alert?
Data usage alerts are handy things that send you a text or email you when your usage exceeds the limit that you set. Even cooler, you can set two limits.
You can choose to receive the notification via text, email or both, and we’ll notify you when you pass these limits.
To set limits, just log into My Orcon, click on the Usage Alert button on the right hand side, and fill in all the relevant fields. [Please Note - Some newer versions of MyOrcon do not have the option to change your usage alerts. These will be on by default and you will receive an email at 80%, 100%, and 120% of your data allowance]
A couple of things to note:
- The service is available to most residential customers, but not all. If you can’t see the button, please contact us at https://www.orcon.net.nz/request_support and we may be able to upgrade your plan, so you too can get this service.
- The data notifications can be 15 minutes behind real usage, it’s just the time our system takes to count your usage.
- The speed of your connection and what you have been using it for will determine how much over the threshold you are when the alert comes through.
- It’s a 24 x 7 service. So, if your computer is running over night, there is the risk of a text in the middle of the night.
Still have questions?