Microsoft Outlook 2010/2013
- Start Outlook.
- On the Filemenu, click Info and click Account Settings.
- Select Account Settings from the list.
- On the E-mail tab, click New and Select Email Account, and then click Next
- Click to select the Manually configure server settings or additional server typescheck box, and then click Next.
- Click Internet E-Mail, and then click Next.
- In the Server Information section, select IMAP for Account Type.
- In the Your Namebox, enter your name exactly as you want it to appear to recipients.
- In the E-mail Addressbox, type your e-mail address.
- In the User Namebox, type your account name.
- In the Passwordbox, type your password.
- In the Incoming mail serverbox, type the name of your IMAP4 server.
- In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP)box, type the name of your SMTP server.
Note: IMAP4 is a retrieval protocol. You must have SMTP to send your messages.
- Click Nextafter you have completed entering this configuration information, and then click Finish.
Protect messages that you’ve already downloaded
- Open Mac Mail
- Select Mailbox > New Mailbox
- Set Location to “On My Mac” and call it something like “My Old Inbox”
- Move any messages from your old POP3 email account into this new folder to ensure you don’t lose them
Set up your new IMAP account
- In Mac Mail choose Preferences > Accounts
- Select the name of your POP account and then select Advanced
- Uncheck “Enable this account”
- Select Choose File > Add Account
- Select IMAP as Account Type
- Enter imap.orcon.net.nz into the Incoming Mail Server field
- Enter your Orcon email username and password
- Select Continue
- If you have entered the correct information, your new IMAP account should work right away