Check out the below instructions for the software that applies to you. For more details click the title of your email software to go directly to that software's help section
- Open Microsoft Office 2010 or 2013
- Click File then select Add Account.
- Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types.
- Click Next
- Outlook will prompt you to choose your E-mail Service. Select Internet E-mail. Then click Next.
You are now asked to enter your email account details
- Enter your name: This is the name you want others to see when you email them
- Enter your email address: e.g. email@example.com.
- Select POP3 for the Account Type
- Enter mail.orcon.net.nz as your Incoming Mail Server.
- Enter mail.orcon.net.nz as your Outgoing Mail Server.
- For User Name, enter the first part of your Orcon Email address, without the @orcon.net.nz.
- Enter your email password: This is your Orcon Password that you would have set up at the time you're signed up.
- Click Next
- Click Finish
- Start the Mail application on your Mac
- Click the “Mail” menu for the application, then select “Preferences…” (Keyboard shortcut CMD + ,)
- Click the plus icon ( + ) in the bottom left to add a new POP account, then fill out the fields in each screen as follows:
Step one – Add Account:
• Full Name – the name you want to associate with the e-mail address. It is what people who receive your e-mails will see as who sent the mail.
• Email Address – the e-mail address that you are going to be using (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Password – the Orcon password that you selected when you signed up. Please note the password is case sensitive.
Step two - Incoming mail server
• Account Type – leave this as POP. If you would rather use IMAP, see here for the server details you need to use.
• Description – this description is for your reference, and can be left blank.
• Incoming mail server – mail.orcon.net.nz
• User name – the user name you were given when the account was created (usually the first part of your Orcon Email address without the @orcon.net.nz).
• Password – enter your password again here.
Step three – Outgoing Mail Server
• Description - this description is for your reference, and can be left blank.
• Outgoing Mail Server – mail.orcon.net.nz
• Retype your Username and Password if prompted again
- Your mail account is now ready for use. Click on the “Get all new mail” option at the top to check your mail.
Please note: We know there are many other programs that you might be using - we’ve put together this guide to help with a few of them, but as you’ll appreciate we don’t have knowledge of all the programs out there, so won’t be able to help in every case. If you are having any issues with your program please refer to the manufacturer.