How can we help?
- Factory Reset Fritz!Box 7490
- Setting Up Your Modem - Fritzbox 7490
- Modem Setup Guides
- Setting Up Your Modem - Netcomm NF18
- Setting Up Your Modem - Netcomm NF4V
- Wi-Fi Setup & Troubleshooting for Netcomm NF18
- How do I factory reset my modem?
- Setting up your own VDSL modem
- Setting up your own ADSL modem
- Setting up your own Fibre modem
- See more
How do I factory reset my modem?
A factory reset will restores all modem settings back to the default ones.
This is useful if you can't remember your modem login details, or you're having connection problems.
Please note that this resets ALL modem settings – this includes your wireless network settings, or any special settings such as port forwarding. Note down any specific details within the modem prior to the reset so you can then re-enter them once the reset has been completed.
If you're on an @Home plan you will also need to re-enter your username and password. For information on how to do this check out this article here.
If you need to download a copy of your modem installation guide, click here.
To reset your modem
- Locate the Reset button, protected by a pinhole at the back of your modem. It's usually next to your power plug.
- Grab an object such as a pen, toothpick or paperclip.
- Push and hold down the Reset button for 10-15 seconds (no more).
- Wait for 5-10 minutes as your modem resets itself.
- Do not turn the power off during this process.
To reset your modem by the Web Interface
- Login to the modem by its default gateway
- For the Netcomm NF4V – 192.168.20.1 or 192.168.1.1
- For the Netcomm NF18AC – 192.168.1.1
- Login with the default password – Generally Username: admin Password: admin, if not try the last six characters of your MAC Address for the password, this is found on the back of the modem
- Click “Management” on the left, then “Settings” and then “Factory Reset”.
- Click the “Restore Default Settings” button
If you have a Fritz box modem then:
- Log into the fritz box.
- Click "System" and then "Backup".
- Click on the "Factory Settings" tab.
- Click the "Load Factory Settings" button.
If you are unable to log in to the web interface
Was this article helpful?
- Plug an analogue phone into either Fon1 or Fon2
- Press the following key sequence: #991*15901590*
- The light on the modem will flash and the modem will reset to the factory defaults.
Still have questions?