How can we help?
- How do I factory reset my modem?
- How do I update the Firmware of my Orcon Modem?
- How do I set up my Orcon Genius modem?
- Can I use Orcon Genius for my business?
- How do I reset my modem password?
- Where can I download a manual for my modem?
- How do I reboot my modem?
- How do I update the username and password in my modem?
- What do the lights on my router mean?
- What happens while the modem is factory resetting?
- See more
How do I factory reset my modem?
A factory reset restores all the settings and information in your modem back its original state.
This is useful if you can't remember the modem login details, or you're having connection problems.
Please note that this resets ALL modem settings – this includes your wireless network settings, or any special settings such as port forwarding. Note down any specific details within the modem prior to the reset so you can then re-enter them once the reset has been completed.
If you're on an @Home plan you will also need to re-enter your username and password. For information on how to do this check out this article here.
If you need to download a copy of your modem installation guide, click here.
To reset your modem
- Locate the Resetbutton, protected by a pinhole on the back of your modem. It's usually next to where you plug the power in.
- Grab an object such as a pen, toothpick or paperclip.
- Push and hold downthe Reset button for 10-15 seconds (no more).
- Wait for 5-10 minutes as your modem resets itself.
- Don't turn the power off during this process.
To reset your modem by the Web Interface
- Login to the modem by its default gateway
- For the Netcomm NF4V – 192.168.20.1 or 192.168.1.1
- For the Netcomm NF18AC – 192.168.1.1
- Login with the default password – Generally Username: admin Password: admin, if not try the last six characters of your MAC Address for the password, found on the back of the modem
- Click “Management” on the left, then “Settings” and then “Factory Reset”, these should drop down as you click on them
- Then click the “Restore Default Settings” button
If you have a Fritz box modem then:
- Log into the fritz box.
- Click "System" and then "Backup".
- Click on the "Factory Settings" tab.
- Click the "Load Factory Settings" button.
If you are unable to log in to the web interface
- Plug an analogue phone into either Fon1or Fon2
- Press the following key sequence: #991*15901590*
- The light on the modem will flash and the modem will reset to the factory defaults.
Still have questions?