How can we help?
- Do I need to pay any installation fees?
- What happens when I switch from my current provider?
- What contracts apply when I join Orcon?
- Modem Delivery FAQ
- How do I sign up for Orcon Broadband?
- What broadband packages does Orcon offer?
- What do I need for Broadband?
- How long will it take to get connected?
- ADSL While You Wait
- What is a port waiter?
- See more
ADSL While You Wait
What’s the story?
Sometimes getting fibre installed is quick and easy, but sometimes it’s not.
Never fear, we have a fix.
We have introduced ADSL While You Wait – to make sure you are online (at a great monthly rate) while waiting for that fibre goodness.
How does it work?
Just select the fibre plan you want, and contact us here to let us know you want ADSL While You Wait. We’ll send out a modem that can be used on both copper and fibre, and set you up on an ADSL copper service for just $89.95 a month for unlimited broadband (add a phoneline for an extra $5.) We’ll work with the local fibre installers to get fibre installed as soon as we can, and switch you across to your fibre plan when it’s good to go.
Who should select ADSL While You Wait?
- If you are down a Right of Way
- If you are in an apartment or block of flats
- If you are moving into a house that can get fibre, but it’s not yet installed
If you have a current working copper connection, then you might be happy to leave this going until fibre is installed.
Your contract will start from when your fibre install is complete.
Note: ADSL While You Wait not currently available for Orcon Business customers or on any Orcon Gigantic plans.Was this article helpful?
Still have questions?