Protection Plan is an add-on for your Orcon Broadband and Voiceline services and offers peace of mind should you experience an issue with your ONT, ETP, internal wiring or broadband hardware.
Protection Plan Features
If you have purchased a router or mesh unit from us and it is accidentally damaged, we will replace up to one per year, free of charge - including courier fees.
In the event that testing has been completed with our technical support team and no fault is found during a callout, you are protected from any costs incurred by your local installer. Limit one per year.
For Fibre customers, Protection Plan covers the cost of on-site repairs and the replacement of your ONT or ETP (up to the value of $500 per year) in the case of accidental damage.
For copper customers, Protection Plan covers the cost of on-site repairs to faulty internal wiring relating to the homeline and broadband connection, up to and including the jackpoint on the wall.
- Wiring from the Jackpoint to other devices such as modems and computers.
- Ethernet wiring from the modem to other Ethernet sockets in your house
- Changes that are not related to a fault, such as moving, adding or changing sockets.
- Repairs to wiring or sockets that have not been installed to by a qualified technician.
- External cabling between your premises and another building on your property.
- Set-up of a new broadband connection and wiring at a new or existing premise.
- The purchase and installation of a Splitter.
- Repairing damage caused by natural disasters, building alterations, refurbishments, animals (including rodents), insects or vandalism, these are usually covered by insurance policies
- No-fault-found fees, generated by your local technician if no troubleshooting has been attempted with our team prior to logging a fault.
- Any intentional damage to your devices, ONT or ETP.
Protection Plan FAQs
Our Protection Plan acts as insurance if something goes wrong with your internal wiring, purchased hardware, ONT, or ETP. For a small fee of $3.00 per month, Orcon can arrange for a qualified telecommunications technician to come to your premises and repair your internal wiring and sockets or arrange replacement of damaged hardware. Without the Protection Plan, you will be responsible for the repairs inside your premises. This means that if any repairs are required, you would arrange your own local electrician to carry out the work. Alternatively, you can request Orcon to organise a technician to complete repairs although you will be liable for charges up to $230.
$3.00 per month and you are required to retain this service for a minimum of 12 months.
If a technician carries out repairs inside your premise, Orcon will on-charge the costs involved. This can be up to $230.
You can add Protection Plan to your account when you sign up, or at any time in My Orcon.
- Log in to My Orcon.
- Choose My Plan from the options in the top menu.
- Select Change Now in the Insurance section.
- Choose Protection Plan and click Submit.
This will add Protection Plan to your Orcon account immediately.