How can we help?
- My Internet Is Not Working
- Port Filtering
- Can I remove the ONT?
- How to configure a Static IP on a PC
- What is Malware/Spyware?
- What is MTU?
- What is the difference between IPv4 and IPv6
- Is there a fault in my area?
- Do you tell people how many requests for information for customer data you get from government agencies (including ‘Privacy Act 11E’ requests?)
- I have forgotten my username and/or password
- See more
Orcon Wiring Insurance
Wiring insurance is an optional add-on to your Orcon home line and broadband services. It covers the cost of repairs for faulty wiring inside your home that could be impacting your Orcon services.
Wiring Insurance Features
This optional assurance covers the cost of on-site repairs to faulty internal wiring and sockets for homeline and broadband services inside your premises, including:
- Interference on your phone line or the line not working.
- Internal wiring including copper wiring (BT), Ethernet cabling (Cat6 and Cat5) and RJ45 sockets.
- Broadband faults such as frequent disconnections to the broadband service or a loss of broadband connection
- If your splitter becomes faulty the cost of repair or replacement will be covered
- Wiring from the jackpoint inside the premises, this includes wiring connecting your devices such as modems and computers.
- Your phones, modems and related wiring to the jack points, SKY and computer devices and related wiring and equipment i.e. filters.
- Changes that are not related to a fault, such as moving, adding or changing sockets.
- External cabling between your premises and another building on your property.
- Wiring damage caused by natural disasters. This is usually covered by insurance policies.
- Repairing damage caused by building alterations, refurbishments, animals (including rodents), insects or vandalism.
- Faults proven to be a result of your equipment such as telephone handset, DSL filters, patch cords or broadband modems.
Wiring Insurance FAQs
Was this article helpful?
Wiring Insurance is highly recommended; it acts like insurance if something goes wrong with your internal wiring or sockets.
- For a small fee of $3.00 per month, Orcon can arrange for a qualified telecommunications technician to repair your internal wiring and sockets.
- If you do not take Wiring Insurance, you will be responsible for the repairs inside your premises. This means that if any repairs are required, you would arrange your own local electrician to carry out the work. Alternatively, you can request Orcon to organise a technician to complete repairs although you will be liable for charges up to $230.
Wiring Insurance is $3.00 per month and you are required to retain this service for a minimum of 12 months.
You can add Wiring Insurance to your account during sign up or at anytime through your Orcon My Account. Instructions for this have been provided below.
- Login to your Orcon My Account.
- Choose 'Change Hub' from the options above.
- Select the 'Insurance' option.
- Choose 'Wiring Insurance' and click 'Submit'.
This will add Wiring Insurance to your Orcon account immediately.
If a technician carries out repairs inside your premise, Orcon will on-charge the costs involved. This can be up to $230.
Still have questions?