How can we help?
- What are the Wifi Standards and how does it impact my Internet Speeds?
- What is a Mesh WIFI Network?
- How do I turn off my WIFI?
- What is the recommended WiFi Channel range for Apple and Mac devices?
- How can I extend the WiFi range of my modem?
- How can I get the most out of my wireless network?
- Does Orcon give me a wireless capable modem?
- How do I change my wireless network channel?
- How do I re-name my wireless network?
- How to reduce effects of interference from other wireless devices?
- See more
How do I connect to my wireless network?
Connecting to your wireless network is easy!
First, identify the type of modem you have:
The default WiFi network name for this modem is Orcon-Wireless, and the password is the modems MAC address, as printed on the bottom of the modem.
The default WiFi name for this modem is Orcon-Wireless, and the password is the modems serial number, as printed on the bottom of the modem.
AVM Fritz!Box 7490
The default WiFi name for this modem is FRITZ!Box 7490, and the password is the WPA key printed on the bottom of the modem.
Don't know where to find the list of available wireless networks?
On smartphones or tablets, you can usually go to Settings, then Wi-Fi or Wireless Networks. On a PC or Laptop, look for or .
You can make sure the Wireless is turned on to see a list of available networks.
Still have questions?