How can we help?
- What are the Wifi Standards and how does it impact my Internet Speeds?
- What is a Mesh WIFI Network?
- How do I turn off my WIFI?
- What is the recommended WiFi Channel range for Apple and Mac devices?
- How can I extend the WiFi range of my modem?
- How can I get the most out of my wireless network?
- Does Orcon give me a wireless capable modem?
- How do I change my wireless network channel?
- How do I re-name my wireless network?
- How to reduce effects of interference from other wireless devices?
- See more
Where should I put my WiFi modem?
WiFi signals are affected by barriers such as walls, mirrors and appliances - so the more barriers in between you and your WiFi modem, the slower the speeds.
Place your modem centrally in your home for best speeds all around your house, for example:
Or place it where you use it the most (e.g. your lounge) for best concentrated speeds, but poor speeds down the other end of the house.
Remember, your home phone will also plug directly into your modem.
Still have questions?