How can we help?
- Phone Features - Voicemail, Caller ID, Call Waiting
- Calling within your local area
- Can I keep my existing homeline phone number?
- How do I buy calling bundles and mobile minutes packs?
- What should I do if I am medically dependent on a homeline?
- International Calling Codes
- Restricted International Calling Destinations
- What are Call Waiting/Call Minder/Caller ID?
- Homeline International Calling Packs
- Homeline International Calling Rates
- See more
What is Orcon Genius and how does it work?
Orcon Genius is a super smart home phone service that runs via your broadband modem over the internet. It's easy to use, future proofed, and compatible with most broadband connections.
Genius puts your home phone over the internet using a technology called VoIP. You get to keep your existing phone number, and you don’t have to pay a separate landline rental.
You no longer need to use the phone jacks in your house; you just plug your home phone handset directly into the phone jack on your Orcon Genius modem and away you go.
Please note that if you have any monitored alarms, medical alarms, or other services that use a traditional home phone line, then you need to talk to your provider about finding an internet based or alternative solution. If the power goes out or if the modem has a fault, the phone service will not be able to work.Was this article helpful?
Still have questions?