How can we help?
- How do I get the best speeds from my Fibre connection?
- Solve Broadband Speed Issues
- What can I do about Gaming and/or Latency issues
- How to check the network interface card and/or ethernet adapter speeds on your Apple computer.
- How do I run a speed test?
- How to check your Network Interface Card Speed
- How do you perform a trace route in Windows?
- What are upload and download speeds, how do they differ?
- What Programs can impact my Internet Speeds
- How and why should I do a ping test?
- See more
Why does my speed on UFB sometimes drop?
Your internet speed will vary on UFB, just as it did on ADSL. Sometimes it will rip along, other times it will go slower. This is the nature of the technology and the way the internet is built.
If you are downloading from New Zealand based websites you will be using the Orcon network and your speed should be nice and fast. BUT, if you are accessing and downloading from overseas websites, this uses international bandwidth and congestion can occur at busy times. This congestion will affect your speed, even on UFB.
If your speed has dropped – try testing again at a different time of day, and to different locations. If it’s still slow, drop us a line and we can look into it and run our fancy diagnostic tools.Was this article helpful?
Still have questions?