How can we help?
- Do I need to pay any installation fees?
- What happens when I switch from my current provider?
- Do I need to do anything before the day of my fibre installation?
- Where should I get my ONT installed?
- What kind of fibre installation process will I go through?
- What happens if the installation damages my property?
- Modem Delivery FAQ
- What if you need to dig up my land to lay the fibre?
- What is meant by a “standard” install? Will it always be free?
- What does a full install involve?
- See more
What is meant by a “standard” install? Will it always be free?
The costs of a ‘standard’ residential installation will be covered by your Local Fibre Company (LFC).
Each LFC has a slightly different set of rules around what is ‘standard’ – if your installation isn't considered to be 'standard' then Orcon or the LFC will discuss potential charges before any work is done. Don't worry about this too much, we've only had to charge for a handful of installations out of the thousands of fibre connections we've done!
Right now, all standard installations are free for the foreseeable future however this isn't guaranteed to be the case forever - so if you can get fibre we recommend getting on board to take advantage of the free installs now!Was this article helpful?
Still Need Help?
Get in touch with our customer support team.Submit an Email
Still have questions?