How can we help?
- How can I pay my bill?
- What are Orcon’s bank account details?
- What will my final bill look like?
- How can I dispute my bill?
- Why is my first bill higher than I expected?
- Will I have to enter into a new contract if I change plans?
- What happens if I cancel while still in my Contract?
- What happens when my contract expires?
- What will my invoice look like?
- How can I resolve a dispute with Orcon?
- See more
Why is my first bill higher than I expected?
We charge each full billing cycle (i.e. the 23rd of each month to the 22nd of the following month) in advance, so we need to charge you from the date you are connected, as well as the regular month in advance. This means your first bill might be a bit higher than you expected but rest assured, you haven't been billed twice.
For example, if you got connected on the 15th of January your first bill would cover your charges from the 15th of January to the 22nd of January, and then the month in advance of the 23rd of January to the 22nd of February. The following invoice would simply cover the 23rd of February to the 22nd of March.
Still have questions?