How can we help?
- How do I access my iSERVE webmail?
- How do I make sure I am receiving important emails?
- How can I back up my email?
- What is the difference between POP and IMAP?
- How do I uncheck "Leave a copy of my mail on the server" from my email client?
- How do I navigate my folders within my Orcon webmail?
- How can I bulk delete emails in webmail?
- What are my options for creating and managing emails in Orcon webmail?
- How can I find a specific message in my Orcon webmail?
- How do I use the Address Book feature in my Orcon webmail?
- See more
How can I back up my email?
You never know when you might leave your laptop on the roof of your car, so it’s important to back up your stuff, especially the kind you couldn't afford to lose.
If you use Orcon Webmail, then your mail is stored on our servers, not your computer. This means if you lose your device, you'll still have all your emails.
To back up your Orcon email on your home computer or laptop:
If you use a desktop email client, (the program used to send and receive email) such as Microsoft Outlook or Mac Mail, you can easily back up your emails to an external hard drive, or upload them to an online drive.
Each email client is different, so you’ll need to follow instructions specific to your program you use - see the links below for backup instructions for two popular email clients.
If you use another program, try the help function, Google, or the manufacturer's website.
(these links direct you to external websites)
Please note: we know there are many other programs that you might be using - we’ve put together this guide to help with a few of them, but as you’ll appreciate we don’t have knowledge of all the programs out there, so won’t be able to help in every case. If you are having issues with your program please refer to the manufacturer.
Still have questions?