How can we help?
- How do I set up my home phone?
- How can I troubleshoot my landline phone?
- How do I set up and use my Orcon voicemail?
- Phone Features
- How can I hide my number?
- Malicious and Unwanted Calls
- How do I check to see if my Genius phone is registered in the Modem?
- How do I use call waiting?
- Why can’t I use my other phone jacks with Orcon Genius?
- Can other VoIP products be used on Orcon Genius?
- See more
Can I use my existing home phone with Genius? What about multiple handsets?
If you've already got a home phone that you'd like to keep using, then you're fine to just plug it in and you're away. You just plug your existing handset into the 'Phone' port on your Genius modem and it works as usual.
If you need multiple handsets, or if you need your phone to be in a different place to your modem, then you can go with the following option:
Was this article helpful?
- Genius Black or Genius White + a multi-handset cordless phone base station: there are a number of cordless phone products that include one base station as well as one or two extra handsets with their own charging cradle. Simply plug the phone cable of the base station into the phone port on the Genius, and place the rest of the handsets around the house.
Still have questions?