How can we help?
- How do I set up my home phone?
- How can I troubleshoot my landline phone?
- How do I set up and use my Orcon voicemail?
- How do I check to see if my Genius phone is registered in the Modem?
- How do I use call waiting?
- Why can’t I use my other phone jacks with Orcon Genius?
- Can other VoIP products be used on Orcon Genius?
- How do I register and use the Genius Handset?
- Can I use my existing home phone with Genius? What about multiple handsets?
- How does my homeline work on fibre?
- See more
How do I register and use the Genius Handset?
These instructions only apply to customers that have Genius Full (modem+handset).
Follow the instructions below if you want to register your new Genius handset., or if you want to re-register a handset as part of troubleshooting.
Want to access all the cool features the Orcon Genius handset offers? There's a manual at the bottom of this article you can download!
How to register/de-register/re-register your Orcon Genius handset.
- On your computer, open your web browser and go to the address 10.1.1.1 to log in to your modem (Default password is ‘admin’)
- Click "Setup my Voip"
- Click "Dect settings" from the left side menu
- Check to see if the handset is registered (should be visible on this screen) - If the handset is registered unregister it by clicking "Unregister" button.
- Enter the old pairing key "0000" then enter the new pairing key "1234". Confirm the new pairing key "1234" then save the new pairing code (default pairing key is "0000" - the new pairing key can be any four digits you like, "1234" is just an example).
- On the handset, press "->" (right option/arrow on the square pad under the "OK" button of the handset)
- Select "Settings" on handset press "OK" button
- Select "Handset" on handset press "OK" button
- Select "Register handset" on handset press "OK" button
- Enter the pairing code "1234" and start pairing, as soon as you do this make sure you click the "Register" button on the "Dect settings" page
- You should now see that the handset is registered on the "Dect settings" page
Still have questions?