How can we help?
- Understanding Fibre
- Fibre Consent Process
- What kind of fibre installation process will I go through?
- Why should I get UFB?
- What is Gigantic Fibre?
- What does a full install involve?
- How can I get fibre?
- How long does the consent process take?
- Do I need to do anything before the day of my fibre installation?
- Where should I get my ONT installed?
- See more
Where should I get my ONT installed?
The ONT or Optical Network Terminator is a unit which is responsible for converting light from your Fibre cabling into usable Internet data.
The ONT unit itself sits permanently inside your home and can be positioned anywhere sensible within your home.
Please be clear and sensible on where you would like your ONT positioned.
- The ONT is somewhere where it is accessible in the event a Fibre fault arises and you need to relay the information back to your ISP.
- The ONT needs to be positioned somewhere where Children and Pets are not able to access the unit also
In a new house, there may be a patch panel (metal box) where the ONT can go. Your WiFi modem should NOT go in this box, you should request for it to go somewhere else. See the WiFi FAQ for more information.Was this article helpful?
Still have questions?