How can we help?
- Understanding Fibre
- Product Offer Summaries
- Need Help? Contact Us Here
- What is Gigantic Fibre?
- Business 4G Backup
- Modem Delivery FAQ
- Orcon Promotions - General Terms and Conditions
- Homeline International Calling Packs
- Returning your Orcon Modem
- What should I do if I am medically dependent on a homeline?
- See more
Where should I get my ONT installed?
The ONT or Optical Network Terminator is a unit which is responsible for converting light from your Fibre cabling into usable Internet data.
The ONT unit itself sits permanently inside your home and can be positioned anywhere sensible within your home.
Please be clear and sensible on where you would like your ONT positioned.
- The ONT is somewhere where it is accessible in the event a Fibre fault arises and you need to relay the information back to your ISP.
- The ONT needs to be positioned somewhere where Children and Pets are not able to access the unit also
In a new house, there may be a patch panel (metal box) where the ONT can go. Your WiFi modem should NOT go in this box, you should request for it to go somewhere else. See the WiFi FAQ for more information.Was this article helpful?
Still Need Help?
Get in touch with our customer support team.Submit an Email
Still have questions?