How can we help?
- Product Offer Summaries
- Medical Dependency Register
- Do I need to pay any installation fees?
- What contracts apply when I join Orcon?
- What if my tracking number doesn’t work?
- What happens when I switch from my current provider?
- Is wiring and maintenance insurance included in your plans?
- How long will it take to get connected?
- What do I do if I need to change my order?
- How do I sign up for Orcon Broadband?
- See more
What do I need for Broadband?
If you're looking at getting broadband at home, this is a list of everything you'll need to get setup for good old ASDL2+ broadband.
You will need an “ADSL2” broadband modem to connect to the Orcon broadband network. If you currently have broadband with another provider, then your existing modem should be able to connect to Orcon broadband. We can also rent you a modem if that suits.
Note: If you are signing up to one of our Orcon Genius plans then you will need one of our specially designed and shiny Genius modems, and we’ll be happy to provide one.
For us to provide you with broadband, your house needs to be wired up for broadband and phone services. If you already have broadband, then no worries. If you don’t we can take care of all the necessary wiring for you.
To separate the voice and data streams coming over your phone line, you need to have a line filter installed which provides phone and internet jack points.
You’ll need one for each jackpoint that has something plugged into it. You can buy them at any electrical goods store.
Note: not needed with Orcon Genius (because it’s really smart).
Ethernet, wireless or USB-capable computer
We generally recommend you have a 1Ghz or faster computer with an Ethernet networking card or USB port onboard to get the best out of the internet. If you want to use a wireless network, then you'll need a computer with wireless connectivity built in, or you can purchase a USB wireless adapter.
Still have questions?