How can we help?
- How do I set up my home phone?
- How can I troubleshoot my landline phone?
- How do I set up and use my Orcon voicemail?
- PSTN Shutdown
- Phone Features
- How can I hide my number?
- Malicious and Unwanted Calls
- How do I check to see if my Genius phone is registered in the Modem?
- How do I use call waiting?
- Why can’t I use my other phone jacks with Orcon Genius?
- See more
Why can’t I use my other phone jacks with Orcon Genius?
Because your phone calls will go over the internet, all phones in your house need to be directed through the modem. This means any other jackpoint in the house (except the one that your Orcon Genius is plugged into) will stop working.If you need more than one phone at your place, then the best option is to purchase a cordless phone set that includes a base station with one or two extra handsets with their own charging cradle. Then you can plug the base station into the modem and place the other handsets around your home.Was this article helpful?
Still have questions?