How can we help?
- How do I set up my home phone?
- How can I troubleshoot my landline phone?
- How do I set up and use my Orcon voicemail?
- PSTN Shutdown
- Phone Features
- How can I hide my number?
- Malicious and Unwanted Calls
- How do I check to see if my Genius phone is registered in the Modem?
- How do I use call waiting?
- Why can’t I use my other phone jacks with Orcon Genius?
- See more
How do I use call waiting?
Call Waiting allows you to answer a second call if you are already on the phone. Call Waiting works on all touch-tone phones. When you are on the phone you will hear 4 beeps telling you that someone else is trying to get through. If you want to take the call coming through you can either:
Hang Up - If you want to end your current call and answer the incoming call just hang up the phone. The phone will then ring with the second call.
Press the recall button - This will switch you to the incoming call. If you want to switch between the two calls keep pressing the recall button.
You can turn off Call Waiting if you are making an important call or dialling up to the internet by dialling *52 at the start of the call.
Once you have finished the call, Call Waiting will automatically be reactivated.Was this article helpful?
Still have questions?