How can we help?
- Orcon Emails: Find Your Way Around Webmail
- How do I access my iSERVE webmail?
- How do I make sure I am receiving important emails?
- How can I back up my email?
- What is the difference between POP and IMAP?
- How do I uncheck "Leave a copy of my mail on the server" from my email client?
- How do I navigate my folders within my Orcon webmail?
- How can I bulk delete emails in webmail?
- What are my options for creating and managing emails in Orcon webmail?
- How can I find a specific message in my Orcon webmail?
- See more
How do I make sure I am receiving important emails?
If you want to make sure you’re receiving all the important emails you’re being sent (especially ours) you can add certain email addresses to a “Whitelist”, which will mean all emails from that sender will bypass your spam filtering and be delivered directly to your inbox.
For more information on how to whitelist or blacklist senders using the Orcon Mail Guard spam filtering, visit the following FAQ here.
Check the kind of email service or client you're using for instructions on how to use the 'safe senders' list.
Microsoft Outlook 2010-2013:
- On the “Home” menu, click “Junk” and click “Junk Email Options” on the drop down.
- On the “Safe Senders” tab, click “Add”.
- In the “Add Address” field, enter "orcon.net.nz".
- Click “OK”.
Missing an email? Check your “Junk Email Folder”. If it is, right click on the email, select "Junk Email" and click "Add Sender's Domain to Safe Senders List."
- Click "Contacts" along the left side of any Gmail page.
- Click "Add Contact".
- Copy and paste the "From" address, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org, into the primary email address dialog box.
- Click "Save".
Missing an email? Check the "Spam" folder; if it's there, select the check box on the email, and then click 'Not Spam'
Windows Live Hotmail:
- Open your mailbox and click "Options" (upper right hand corner).
- Click the "Junk Email Protection" link (top of page).
- Select the "Safe List" link (second from bottom).
- Copy and paste "email@example.com" into the dialog box titled "Type an address or domain".
- Click the "Add" button next to the dialog box. Repeat for other email addresses and domains.
Missing an email? Check your "Junk Email Folder". If it's in there, open the email and click the "Not Junk" button. Next, check to see if the email address is in your "Blocked Senders" list. If you see a message from Orcon.net.nz on this list, select it and click the "Remove" button. Finally, if you have not done so, add our "from" address to your Safe Senders list as described above.
You will need to set up a filter to redirect our emails and/or newsletters into your inbox:
- Open your mailbox and click on "Mail Options" (upper right hand corner).
- Select Filters.
- Click the "Add" link on the filters page.
- Update the "From Header” rule with the following two pieces of information: "contains" and "@orcon.net.nz".
- Click the "Choose Folder" pull-down menu and select “Inbox”. Pick the "Add Filter" button.
Missing an email? Check if our email is in your Yahoo! “Bulk Folder”. If it is, please open the email and click the "Not Spam" button. Next, check to see if the address the email was sent from is in your "Blocked Addresses" list. If you see "orcon" on this list, select it and click the "Remove Block" button. Finally, please set up a filter as outlined above.Was this article helpful?
Still have questions?