The most reliable way to save any important voicemails is to play them over speaker phone and record them on another device. Please make sure you do this before swapping your current SIM card to the new one, as any current voicemails won’t be accessible anymore once the new SIM is activated.
Before you swap your SIM card, it’s a good idea to back up any contacts saved in your current SIM card, so you don’t lose any phone numbers of your nearest and dearest. You can see below how to do this.
For iPhone users, your contacts are by default saved to your phone. If you think you might have some contacts on your SIM, follow these steps:
- On your iPhone, open the “Settings” app.
- Tap Contacts > Tap on “Import SIM Contacts”.
- If asked, choose where you want to import your SIM card contacts.
- Wait for the import to complete.
- Open Contacts and make sure that your contacts are imported.
- Go to your Contacts app.
- Go to the menu and tap on settings.
- Tap ‘Import/export contacts’.
- Tap on Import.
- Select your SIM card and then tap Import.
- Tap on ‘All’ in the top left corner then tap ‘Done’ at the bottom of your screen.
- Go to your contacts.
- Select menu or options.
- Settings > Import Contacts > Import from SIM.
You may need to refer to your phone’s user guide for specific settings.
We’ll send you a lot of reminders closer to the time, so hopefully this doesn’t happen, but if you miss your SIM swap date, you will need to find and swap your SIM card as soon as possible to regain your mobile service.
Your current SIM will stop working after your SIM swap date and you’ll need to put in your new one to continue receiving mobile service.
If you’ve misplaced your SIM card or have any other issues, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0800 13 14 15.
Your SIM card will have a SIM number – this is a unique 15-digit number we use to know what SIM card your mobile number should be working on.
Closer to your SIM swap date, you’ll receive an email containing the last 4 digits of your SIM number. You can also see this when you log in to the SIM swap portal.
- Make sure the SIM number on your SIM card matches the one on your email or in the portal. If it matches, you’re good to swap!
- If it doesn’t match, please email us as soon as possible on email@example.com or visit any 2degrees store with valid photo ID and they can get you sorted with a new SIM.
Yes, you can swap your SIM any time after you’ve received it. This might even suit you better, as you can choose any time that’s convenient to you and don’t have to wait until your booked date.
Swap your SIM any time after you have received it by visiting orcon.net.nz/simswap and click on the ‘Swap your SIM now’ button.
This process to swap your SIM starts when you receive the SMS to swap your SIM. It will usually take 10-20 minutes. In some cases it could take up to 50 minutes. During this time, your phone will be out of service.
We’ll text you on your new SIM card when it’s completed.