We will send you a text message when it’s time to swap your SIM card, based on the date and time you’re booked in for. Once you receive the text telling you to swap your SIM card, you can go ahead and swap them. You need to wait until you receive this text, otherwise your new SIM card won’t work.
Or, if your new SIM card has arrived, you can swap it before your booked time, whenever you’re ready, by heading to orcon.net.nz/simswap
- Log in with your mobile number.
- Click on “Swap your SIM now”.
- Wait for the text confirmation and pop your SIM card in.
You will be provided a 3-in-1 SIM so you can pop it out to the size you need for your phone.
If you’re unsure on which SIM to use, you can see below the three different size options.
- Standard (25 x 15 x 0.76mm)
- Micro (15 x 12 x 0.76mm)
- Nano (12.3 × 8.8 × 0.67mm)
For the right SIM card size, you may need to refer to your mobile phone user guide.
Here’s how you can change the SIM card for most newer models of phone.
Before you start, it might pay to find a flat surface where you won’t be disturbed.
- Grab the SIM pin provided with your new SIM card.
- Poke the SIM pin into the hole on the side/top/bottom of your phone. Push firmly.
- The tray should then pop out. Carefully pull out your SIM tray.
- Switch the old SIM card with the new one and slide the tray back in until it clicks and is fully flush with the edge of your phone.
If you have an older model phone, the SIM card may be behind the battery.
If you want more details of how to do this, refer to your mobile phone user guide.
If you need help, you can head to a 2degrees store with valid photo ID and they’ll be able to assist you with swapping your SIM.