All you need to do is replace the SIM card in your 4G backup modem. That's it. You need to do this by 31 July 2023, as after this date your current SIM card will stop working.
If you fail to replace the SIM card in your modem, your current broadband connection will continue as it does today, but if your broadband connection stops working for whatever reason, your 4G Backup service won’t work.
We’ll do the hard yards and send you a new SIM card for free, to the address we have on file for you.
You should have received an email from us with more information and a chance to update your delivery address if required.
If you haven’t seen an email and haven’t received your new SIM card by the end of May, please visit a 2degrees retail store or email us on email@example.com.
When you received your new SIM card, there would have been instructions included in the pack.
If you’ve lost or misplaced these, we’ve got you. See how to swap out your SIM below.
- Turn off your 4G Backup Modem.
- Locate the current SIM card which is inserted into your modem (this should be on the left-hand side).
- Gently push on the SIM card until it pops out.
- Carefully take out the SIM card.
- Grab your new SIM card, making sure you use the standard size (below), as you’ll receive a 3 in 1 SIM card from us (just be careful you don’t pop out the micro or nano SIM by mistake).
- Insert the new SIM card, ensuring that the chip faces towards the front of the modem. Insert the side with the cut-off corner first and press into the slot that you removed your old SIM card from.
- Turn your modem back on.
- Once the green LTE signal light is back on, you’re good to go. That's it!
- Standard (25 x 15 x 0.76mm)
- Micro (15 x 12 x 0.76mm)
- Nano (12.3 × 8.8 × 0.67mm)
If you need help, you can head to a 2degrees store and they’ll be able to assist you with swapping your SIM.
If you don’t want to replace your SIM card, it will stop working after 31 July 2023 which will result in you losing your 4G Backup service.
Don’t worry, your Orcon broadband connection will continue to work as normal, but should this go down for any reason, your 4G backup service will no longer work if you fail to replace the SIM card in your modem.
The best bit? once you’ve replaced your SIM card, you’ll get 100GB of NZ Carryover Data for free, loaded onto your Backup SIM! Nice. T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs can be found below.
Check that the green LTE lights on the top right corner of your modem “LTE signal” are glowing green. If they are, you’re all set.
If the green “LTE” and “LTE signal” lights on the top right corner of your modem are not glowing green.
- Try and turn the modem off for 30 seconds, and turn it back on again. Wait a few minutes and check if the LTE signal lights turn on.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
100GB Promo terms and conditions
100GB NZ Carryover data applied to customers account before the 1st of the month after SIM swap. You must have swapped your SIM card by 31 July to be eligible for free data. Data can be carried over for up to 12 months. Monthly plan data used first then Carryover Data.