These instructions will guide you through connecting your NETGEAR Orbi Wi-Fi 6 router to the internet. Looking for instructions to set up extra Orbi satellites instead? We've got you.
It's super easy to set up, so let's get started!
Step 1: Get the Orbi app
Step 2: Connect your Orbi router
- Connect the Ethernet cable to your Orbi’s Internet port, then connect the other end to the port labelled LAN1 or GE1 on your Optical Network Terminal – that’s the fibre box usually found on your wall.
- Connect the power adapter and turn your Orbi on at the wall.
Got extra Orbi satellites? Find a place to plug them in now, or you can set them up later. Orbi satellites must be within range of your Orbi router’s Wi-Fi signal, so don’t place them too far apart from each other.
If you have a landline, connect it to the port labelled POTS or TEL on your Optical Network Terminal.
Step 3: Connect to your Orbi Wi-Fi network
- Go to the Wi-Fi settings on your mobile device.
- Connect to your Orbi Wi-Fi network. You’ll find the Wi-Fi network name and password printed on the front of your Orbi router.
It may take a few minutes for your network to appear after plugging in your Orbi.
Step 4: Complete setup in the Orbi app
Open the Orbi app and follow the setup instructions.
Important: Skip the steps instructing you to disconnect and reconnect your ISP modem. These steps don’t apply – just select ‘Continue’.
That's it, your Orbi router is up and running!
- Powerful quad-core 1.8GHz processor
- Wi-Fi 6 (AX 1800) with four streams
- Speeds of up to 1.2Gbps on AX 5Ghz
- Mesh Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO and 1024-QAM support
- Two high-performance Wi-Fi antennas with amplifiers
- Connect up to 100 Wi-Fi devices
- 1x Gigabit WAN port
- 3x Gigabit LAN ports