How can we help?
- Netcomm NF18 Wi-Fi Setup
- Netcomm NF4V Wi-Fi Setup
- Netcomm NB604N Wi-Fi Setup
- What are the Wifi Standards and how does it impact my Internet Speeds?
- What is a Mesh WIFI Network?
- How do I turn off my WIFI?
- What is the recommended WiFi Channel range for Apple and Mac devices?
- How can I extend the WiFi range of my modem?
- How can I get the most out of my wireless network?
- Does Orcon give me a wireless capable modem?
- See more
How do I turn off my WIFI?
If you want to turn off your wireless connection on your modem please follow the steps below for your modem.
Black Genius Modem (Boblite)
- Log into your modem by navigating your web browser to http://10.1.1.1
- When prompted enter the default password of admin
- Click on option 2. Set up my wireless
- Click on the radio button next to Disable
- Click on Save settings
White Genius Modem (NF4V)
- Log into your modem by navigating your web browser to http://192.168.20.1 or http://192.168.1.1 (this depends if you have the latest firmware on your modem)
- When prompted, enter the username of admin with the password admin, if your modem has the latest firmware then the password is the last 6 characters of the modems MAC address (found on the bottom of the modem on a sticker)
- In the left-hand menu, click on Wireless
- Uncheck Enable Wireless at the top
- Click on Apply/Save at the bottom of the page
Fritz!Box7490 (Gigabit Fibre customers)
- Log into your modem by navigating your web browser to http://192.168.178.1
- When prompted, enter the default password of admin, here you can choose to keep using the default password or you can change it if this is the first time you are logging in
- In the left-hand menu, click on WLAN
- Uncheck Wireless radio network enabled
- Click on Apply at the bottom of the page
Still have questions?