How can we help?
- What are the Wifi Standards and how does it impact my Internet Speeds?
- What is a Mesh WIFI Network?
- How do I turn off my WIFI?
- What is the recommended WiFi Channel range for Apple and Mac devices?
- How can I extend the WiFi range of my modem?
- How can I get the most out of my wireless network?
- Does Orcon give me a wireless capable modem?
- How do I change my wireless network channel?
- How do I re-name my wireless network?
- How to reduce effects of interference from other wireless devices?
- See more
What is the recommended WiFi Channel range for Apple and Mac devices?
Apple recommends that you use channels that are available for use in your country. In New Zealand, these channels are 1-11 for a standard 2.4 Ghz wireless connection with the bandwidth setting of 20 Mhz.
For a 5 Ghz wireless connection it is best to leave the channel selection on your wireless router to Auto.
Still have questions?