How can we help?
- What are the Wifi Standards and how does it impact my Internet Speeds?
- What is a Mesh WIFI Network?
- How do I turn off my WIFI?
- What is the recommended WiFi Channel range for Apple and Mac devices?
- How can I extend the WiFi range of my modem?
- How can I get the most out of my wireless network?
- Does Orcon give me a wireless capable modem?
- How do I change my wireless network channel?
- How do I re-name my wireless network?
- How to reduce effects of interference from other wireless devices?
- See more
What is a Mesh WIFI Network?
A Mesh wireless network is a series of wireless radios and nodes that communicate with each other, think of it as multiple wireless routers all working together to help provide greater coverage in your home.
A Mesh WIFI network is a great alternative to setting up a Wireless extender if you want to expand your wireless network to avoid any dead spots, unlike with wireless extenders it also helps increase your wireless speeds too.
Mesh WIFI networks works alongside and separately from your home router so this would mean that you would need to invest into your own third-party equipment.
Please note, our Technical Support Representatives are not trained to troubleshoot third-party equipment. Therefore, we do recommend contacting the manufacturer of the third-party equipment if any problem surfaces.
Still have questions?