How can we help?
- My Internet Is Not Working
- Port Filtering
- Can I remove the ONT?
- How to configure a Static IP on a PC
- What is Malware/Spyware?
- What is MTU?
- What is the difference between IPv4 and IPv6
- Check for outages in your area
- Do you tell people how many requests for information for customer data you get from government agencies (including ‘Privacy Act 11E’ requests?)
- I have forgotten my username and/or password
- See more
What is Malware/Spyware?
Malware is short for Malicious Software and it categorises a variety of hostile or intrusive software such as Trojans, Ransomware, Adware and Worms.
This is software that can be downloaded to your computer or mobile phone without your permission and can go by undetected too. These programs are designed to harm your computer or device and can steal your private information as well such as your Banking details.
The best way to prevent malicious software is to keep your PC and your mobile devices up to date with the latest security patches as well as using reputable antivirus programs.Was this article helpful?
Still have questions?