The easiest way to check to see if your phone is working is by having a look at the lights on your modem.
The Genius Black modem will have a Blue indicator light next to Phone
The Genius White modem will have a Green Indicator light for Telephone 1
The Fritz!Box modem does not have a readily available light for the registration of your phone.
If you want to check the modem settings to see if your phone is working you can follow the steps outlined below for your type of modem.
Black Genius Modem (Boblite)
- Navigate your web browser to http://10.1.1.1
- On the front page of the modem you can check the registration of your phone under option 7 My Primary netphone account is set up correctly?
White Genius Modem (NF4V)
- Log into your modem by navigating your web browser to http://192.168.20.1 or http://192.168.1.1 (this depends if you have the latest firmware on your modem)
- When prompted, enter the username of admin with the password admin, if your modem has the latest firmware then the password is the last 6 characters of the modems MAC address (found on the bottom of the modem on a sticker)
- In the left-hand menu, click on Voice
- In the main screen you will be able to see your phone number and it’s registration status
Fritz!Box 7490 (Gigabit fibre customers)
- Log into your modem by navigating your web browser to http://192.168.178.1
- When prompted, enter the default password of admin, here you can choose to keep using the default password or you can change it if this is the first time you are logging in
- On the main page you should see a green light next to Telephone if your phone is registered.