How can we help?
- Phone Features - Voicemail, Caller ID, Call Waiting
- Calling within your local area
- Can I keep my existing homeline phone number?
- How do I buy calling bundles and mobile minutes packs?
- What should I do if I am medically dependent on a homeline?
- International Calling Codes
- Restricted International Calling Destinations
- What are Call Waiting/Call Minder/Caller ID?
- Homeline International Calling Packs
- Homeline International Calling Rates
- See more
What should I do if I am medically dependent on a homeline?
The Medical Dependency Register is for Orcon Homeline customers who have a diagnosed life-threatening medical condition and are at risk of rapid deterioration and their life may be at risk without access to a home phone service.
What is a Medical Dependency Register?
Orcon will endeavour to contact customers on the Medical Dependency Register if their account is overdue and before their home phone service is restricted or cancelled.
Registering with the Medical Dependency Register does not guarantee service continuity. Although less likely, services may still be suspended for non-payment or due to a fault / network outage. Customers who have a medical dependency on their home phone should also have a mobile phone, in the event that their home phone service is unavailable. Registering with the Medical Dependency Register does not make Orcon liable for any loss as a result of services not being provided.
Registering with the Medical Dependency Register reduces the likelihood of a customer’s home phone service being disconnected for non-payment but it does not mean that other services will not be terminated, such as Broadband.
Customers must apply to be on the Orcon Medical Dependency Register. If a customer on the Medical Dependency Register moves address or the name of the account holder changes then they will need to reapply.
Orcon does not charge customers to be on the Medical Dependency Register, although their doctor may charge a fee for a medical certificate to support their application.
Orcon will use your health information for the purposes of determining your eligibility to be included on the Medical Dependency Register, administering the Register and deciding whether services will be provided including at times of non-payment.
The following medical conditions are indicative of reasons why a customer will want to be on the Orcon Medical Dependency Register:
• People who are known to be at high risk of respiratory emergencies.
• People who are known to be at high risk of mental health disorders.
• People who are dependent on medical technology in the home.
• People who are known to suffer from conditions which may cause them to suddenly lose consciousness.
• People who are at a high risk of cardiovascular emergencies.
• People with a known medical condition who live alone without the necessary support of others including those in remote locations.
This form is to be completed by the Orcon Homeline Account Holder or their Representative. It requires proof to be attached from a Medical Practitioner confirming that someone who lives at the address is dependent on telephone access for critical medical support.
Once the completed form is received together with a medical certificate and assuming it is deemed by us to fit our criteria of when a customer should be placed on the Medical Dependency Register the person will be placed on the Register for 1 year maximum.
Please download and email the completed form and medical certificate to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or post to:
PO Box 302362
Attention: Collections TeamWas this article helpful?
Still have questions?