How can we help?
- Your company VPN
- My Internet Is Not Working
- ESET NOD32 Cyber Protection
- Port Filtering
- Can I remove the ONT?
- How to configure a Static IP on a PC
- What is Malware/Spyware?
- What is MTU?
- What is the difference between IPv4 and IPv6
- Do you tell people how many requests for information for customer data you get from government agencies (including ‘Privacy Act 11E’ requests?)
- See more
Can I remove the ONT?
You should not remove the ONT (Optical Network Terminator) or the power cable.
These units are provided and owned by the LFC (Local Fibre Company) and are specific to the address they are installed to.
They will not work at a different address.
The ONT should only be touched by the LFC's Technician when relocating it (or even removing it and reinstalling it). the reason is because the ONT is a delicate piece of technology owned by the LFC and they want to make sure it is not damaged.
What if I'm renovating or want it moved to another part of the house?
We understand alot of kiwis love a good DIY project. If you are renovating or simply want to move the ONT please get in touch with us here. We will let you know how to sort this.Was this article helpful?
Still Need Help?
Get in touch with our customer support team.Submit an Email
Still have questions?