How can we help?
- How do I add an authorised person to my Account?
- How to setup your WiFi through MyAccount
- What does my plan include?
- How can I view my bill and usage?
- Top Tips - A quick overview of the useful stuff you can do online
- How do I log into My Orcon?
- What can I do with My Orcon?
- How do I set a data usage alert?
- How do I change my contact details or billing address?
- How can I change my payment method?
- See more
How to setup your WiFi through MyAccount
Change your Wi-Fi name or password with My Wi-Fi
If you’re lucky enough to be using one of our compatible modems (the Netcomm NF18 or Netcomm NF4V), you’ll be able to update your network name and password as many times as you like via My Orcon on our website or in the My Orcon app.
Connecting your Wi-Fi
- First things first, if you haven’t connected to Wi-Fi yet, find the Wi-Fi settings or network finder on your device
- Select the Wi-Fi network ‘Your new Wi-Fi’ from the list
- Enter your Wi-Fi password (refer to your Wi-Fi access card included with your modem).
If you want to give your Wi-Fi a sweet name or change your password, read on.
- Download the My Orcon app from the App Store or Google Play;
- Log in (with your Orcon account email and password) and find ‘My Wi-Fi’ in the right-hand menu
- Enter a new network name and password for your Wi-Fi
- Press ‘Save’.
Note: you’ll have to update your all your devices to the new network name and Wi-Fi password
Follow these instructions if using the app to change your Wi-Fi settings isn’t working.
Make sure you’ve connected your device to the modem via cable or Wi-Fi before completing these steps.
- Open an internet browser and type in 192.168.1.1
- Enter the below user name and password:
Password: the last six digits of your modem’s MAC address (all lower case), which you’ll find on the bottom of modem
- Navigate to ‘Wireless’ in the left-hand menu
- Select ‘2.4 GHz’ on the left-hand menu under ’Wireless’
- Under ‘SSID’, enter your new Wi-Fi name, then click ‘Save’
- Click on ‘Security’ under 2.4 GHz in the left-hand menu
- Under ‘WPA/WAPI passphrase’, enter a new Wi-Fi password and click ‘Save’
- Repeat the process from step 5 for the ‘5 GHz’ section. Make sure the Wi-Fi name (SSID) and password are identical to the ‘2.4 GHz’ Wi-Fi. Your devices will connect to the most suitable network automatically.
If you’d like help setting up advanced features of the NF18 which Orcon does not support, click here to be taken to Netcomm's support page.
Still have questions?