How can we help?
- Orcon Live Chat
- How do I add an authorised person to my account?
- How to setup your WiFi through MyOrcon
- How can I view my bill and usage?
- Top Tips - A quick overview of the useful stuff you can do online
- How do I login to MyOrcon?
- What can I do with MyOrcon?
- How do I change my contact details?
- Can I upgrade my plan?
- How can I download a copy of my invoice?
- See more
How to setup your WiFi through MyOrcon
Changing your WiFi name or password via your MyOrcon app
If you’re lucky enough to be using one of our compatible modems (the Netcomm NF18 or Netcomm NF4V), you’ll be able to update your network name and password as many times as you like via MyOrcon on our website or in the MyOrcon app.
1. First things first, if you haven’t connected to the WiFi yet, find the WiFi settings on your device.
2. Select the WiFi network ‘Your new WiFi’ from the list.
3. Enter your WiFi password (refer to your WiFi access card included with your modem or check the bottom of your modem).
1. Download the MyOrcon app from the Apple Store or Google Play.
2. Log in (with your email address and password) and find ‘My WiFi’ in the right-hand menu
3. Enter a new network name and password for your WiFi
4. Press ‘Save’.
Note: you will have to update all your devices to the new network name and WiFi password.
Can't change the WiFi settings via your MyOrcon app?
Make sure you’ve connected your device to the modem via cable or WiFi before completing these steps.
- Open an internet browser and type in 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.20.1
- Enter the below user name and password:
Password: admin or the last six digits of your modem’s MAC address (all lower case), which you will find on the bottom of the modem
- Navigate to ‘Wireless’ in the left-hand menu.
- Select ‘2.4 GHz’ on the left-hand menu under ’Wireless’.
- Under ‘SSID’, enter your new WiFi name, then click ‘Save’.
- Click on ‘Security’ under 2.4 GHz in the left-hand menu.
- Under ‘WPA/WAPI passphrase’, enter a new WiFi password and click ‘Save’.
- Repeat the process from step 5 for the ‘5 GHz’ section. Make sure the WiFi name (SSID) and password are identical to the ‘2.4 GHz’ WiFi. Your devices will connect to the most suitable network automatically. ‘5 GHz’ is only available for NF18's.
If you’d like help setting up advanced features of the NF18 which Orcon does not support, click here to be taken to Netcomm's support page.Was this article helpful?
Still have questions?