How can we help?
- How can I pay my bill?
- What are Orcon’s bank account details?
- What will my final bill look like?
- How can I dispute my bill?
- Having trouble making payments?
- Understanding Your First Invoice
- Why is my first bill higher than I expected?
- Will I have to enter into a new contract if I change plans?
- What happens if I cancel while still in my Contract?
- What happens when my contract expires?
- See more
July 2018 Price Increase
Prices in the telecommunications industry constantly change and we pride ourselves on providing cost effective broadband solutions. Price increases are something we never wish to proceed with although changes from the network provider, result in the retailer having to adjust prices accordingly.
Frequently asked questions relating to price adjustments
1. What is the reason behind the increase?
As you probably know, we provide your broadband services over a Fibre connection we rent from your Local Fibre Company. From time to time they increase rental charges, with our thin margins and low prices, we couldn't absorb the additional cost this time. Sorry – we hate price increases too.
2. I’m in contract or have just joined, why am I effected by the price increase?
If you’re in a contract, our terms state that the charges for your service won’t increase until the end of that contract, unless the increase is as a result of a change in price from a supplier, which is the case here. Again, we really don’t enjoy putting up our prices, but in this case the cost was too much for us to absorb.
3. Can I switch to a cheaper plan?
If you would like to change your plan, simply jump on to My Orcon to see what plan options are available for you.
4. Are all providers doing this?
Price increases from the Local Fibre Companies affect all providers, which means other providers may increase their prices or pass on the cost in other ways. We are unsure which other providers may be increasing their prices.
5. I'm not on Fibre, am I effected?
Customers who are not on Fibre will not be impacted. We have found that some customers who were on Fibre previously might have been incorrectly informed about the price increase. Rest assured that no current ADSL or VDSL customers will be impacted by this pricing adjustment.If you have any further questions, simply reply to the price increase email you received from us.
Still have questions?