How can we help?
Moving house can be stressful but it's easier with our dedicated team. We're here to help you move or answer any questions you have about your move. You can also order services for your new address directly through our new move house tool in MyOrcon.
• Move House Team phone number: 0800 89 34 96
○ Available Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 9:00pm
○ Available Weekends from 9:00am to 5:30pm
○ Available Public Holidays from 9:00am to 5:30pm
• Email: [email protected]t.nz
You need to know
Moving your services to a new address can take up to 7 days or longer, so please make sure you call Orcon as early as possible!
If you're in touch with the previous tenants of your new place, make sure that they've organised to move their services to their new address or have their services cancelled as soon as possible. If they haven't, this can slow down your connection.
If you're moving to a different exchange (generally the case if you're moving a different suburb) then your phone number will probably change.
• The Orcon representative who assists you with your call will discuss service and pricing availability at your new address.
Moving house is a great time to update your broadband plan - let's make sure that you're on the best plan for you! In order to provide our customers with the best possible deals we are constantly looking for new offers. This means from time to time we retire old plans and when you move house these legacy plans may no longer be available.
We need to know
• Where you're moving to
○ We need you to be as specific as possible, especially in right-of-way or multiple dwellings (like apartments).
○ Please note that billing addresses may at times differ from the legal description of your address, and in these instances, Orcon may need to contact you for more information.
○ Please note that if you're moving from a fibre area to a non-fibre area there may be additional charges if you are still in a contract at your previous address.
• The date you're moving.
• An alternative contact phone number for you; preferably your mobile.
• Whether or not you want your new details to appear in the White Pages.
What are the costs?
If you are moving into a house that is fibre ready, but are waiting for installation, it may be possible for you to take up a temporary ADSL connection whilst you wait for fibre to be installed
Head on over to our Contact page here should you require any other assistance.
Still have questions?