How can we help?
- Modem Setup Guides
- Setting Up Your Modem on ADSL or VDSL - Netcomm NF18
- Setting Up Your Modem ADSL or VDSL- Netcomm NF4V
- Setting Up Your Modem Fibre - Netcomm NF18
- Setting Up Your Modem Fibre - Netcomm NF4V
- How do I factory reset my modem?
- VPN modem/router malware
- How to setup Separate SSIDs for WiFi using the NF18ACV
- Advanced NF18AC Configuration
- How do I update the Firmware of my Orcon Modem?
- See more
Setting Up Your Modem ADSL or VDSL- Netcomm NF4V
Modem setup is a task that can be completed by yourself and is simple in nature. All Orcon provided modems are plug and play. This means that all you need to do is setup your modem and you're ready to go!
1. Connect one end of your telephone cable to the grey DSL port on the modem and the other end to your dedicated wall socket. Use the DSL Filter, if you have homeline services.
2. Plug the power supply into a power socket and the other end into the power point of your modem.
3. Turn the power on at the wall socket and then turn your modem on by pushing the power (ON/OFF) button on the back or side of your modem.
4. Go online by either connecting your devices to the Wi-Fi or by plugging an ethernet cable to one of the yellow LAN ports on your modem and the other end into your computer.
Telephone cable (RJ-11): This cable runs from the DSL port of your modem to your dedicated wall socket.
Ethernet cable (RJ-45): This cable runs from the Ethernet/LAN port of your modem to the Ethernet plug on your computer device.
Still have questions?