How can we help?
- How do I get the best speeds from my Fibre connection?
- Solve Broadband Speed Issues
- What can I do about Gaming and/or Latency issues
- How to check the network interface card and/or ethernet adapter speeds on your Apple computer.
- How do I run a speed test?
- How to check your Network Interface Card Speed
- How do you perform a trace route in Windows?
- What are upload and download speeds, how do they differ?
- What Programs can impact my Internet Speeds
- How and why should I do a ping test?
- See more
What can I do about Gaming and/or Latency issues
For gaming, it's best not to use a wireless connection as this can impact your latency. Ethernet will always have reduced latency to the router and avoid any interference.
While using Ethernet and latency issues have only just started happening, check for any recent changes to your local area network or personal computer, try rolling back those changes and then check for any improvements.
Have any recent game updates occurred? Did the issue start after the update installed, if so, this maybe causing the problem, check the game support pages and log a support request with the game vendor for help.
Make sure no Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) are active/connected on your computer, if they are try disabling them and check for improvement.
If you’re connecting to an international server/host the latency could be due to distance, which is outside of Orcon’s control.
Gaming doesn’t require a lot of bandwidth, however can be impacted if all the bandwidth is being used by other devices on your Local Area Network (LAN). To test this, remove all other users on the LAN and check for any improvements.
If your latency is higher than normal or you have some connections issues, try port forwarding your game.
Still having problems? Use our contact formWas this article helpful?
Still Need Help?
Get in touch with our customer support team.Submit an Email
Still have questions?