How can we help?
- WiFi Setup for NL1901 Business Modem
- Google Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi Setup & Troubleshooting for Netcomm NF4V
- Netcomm NB604N Wi-Fi Setup
- What are the Wifi Standards and how does it impact my Internet Speeds?
- What is a Mesh WIFI Network?
- How do I turn off my WIFI?
- What is the recommended WiFi Channel range for Apple and Mac devices?
- How can I extend the WiFi range of my modem?
- How can I get the most out of my wireless network?
- See more
Google Wifi delivers seamless Wi-Fi coverage by creating a mesh network of individual Wi-Fi points that work together to spread a strong Wi-Fi signal throughout your home, so everyone can stream, share, and download.
Improved Wi-Fi coverage
- Enjoy a fast Wi-Fi signal in every room, on every device.
- Helps solve Wi-Fi coverage issues commonly found in large New Zealand homes.
- Seamlessly transition between access points with Google Wifi's mesh technology.
Increased Wi-Fi speeds
- Reduces the Wi-Fi speed bottleneck created when multiple devices connect to a single Wi-Fi access point.
- Connects you to the fastest and least congested access point.
Family-friendly controls for your Wi-Fi network
- Offers family-friendly controls to stay on top of the kids’ screen time and block unsavoury content.
- Decide when your kids have access by pausing Wi-Fi for specific devices or scheduling internet time-out during busy times like bedtime or homework time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Google Wifi (3-pack) is available to existing customers for $15/month rental on a 12-month broadband contract. You can add Google Wifi to your account anytime through My Orcon.
Orcon customers can purchase Google Wifi (3-pack) at a discounted rate of $399.00 incl. GST (RRP $599.00 – a $200.00 discount!).
Your account will need to be in credit by $399.00 (check out our payment options here), then just call the team on 0800 56 46 87 and they’ll submit an order for you. A courier delivery fee of $14.95 (incl. GST) will apply.
Google Wi-Fi comes with a standard 12-month warranty.
Warranty returns: We will replace your Google Wi-Fi units with new or refurbished units functionally at least equivalent to yours.
Google Wifi is an expensive bit of kit, so we have made an affordable rental option for our customers. In the unlikely event that you no longer require Google Wifi or decide to leave Orcon, you'll need to return the Google Wifi units to us. If you’d like to cancel, just call the team on 0800 56 46 87 and we will send a return bag for your Google Wifi.
A $399.00 (incl. GST) fee applies if the units aren't returned.
Once you have set up Google Wifi, we highly recommend turning off your modem’s Wi-Fi so that it doesn’t interfere with Google Wifi’s mesh network. In the My Orcon app, select Wi-Fi from the menu and turn your modem Wi-Fi off. You can also do this online at My Orcon.
Family-friendly controls can be set up on the Google Wifi app. Tap on the Family Wi-Fi icon to pause Wi-Fi access on demand, schedule internet time-outs and automatically block millions of adult websites. Find out more here.
The full Google Wi-Fi spec sheet is available to view here.
Was this article helpful?
The issue could be that your Wifi point isn’t properly connected. Check the power and Ethernet cables and make sure they’re securely in place. Find out how here.
In rare cases, you may have issues connecting to the setup network or get stuck on the “Checking Wifi point status” screen for several minutes. This could mean that your mobile device’s Wi-Fi is in an unstable state.
In general, tapping your mobile device’s back button and restarting the setup process can fix this. If that doesn’t work:
- Close the Google Wi-Fi app. Ensure you fully quit the app.
- For Android, tap the Recent Apps button and swipe the Google Wifi app to close it.
- For iOS, double-tap the Home button and swipe upward on the Google Wifi app to close it.
- Open your mobile device’s Wi-Fi settings. Toggle the Wi-Fi switch OFF then ON.
- In the list of available networks, select any nearby connected networks and ‘forget’ them. You can keep your Wifi point’s setup network.
- Open the Google Wifi app, and try to set up your Wifi point again.
If you still need assistance, please contact Google online support.
If your Wifi point isn’t getting an internet connection from your modem:
- Unplug your modem and your Wifi point from power.
- Wait about 2 minutes. This will make sure your modem and Wifi point are fully off.
- Then plug the power cable back into only your modem and wait 1 minute.
- Plug the power cable into your Wifi point and wait 20 seconds for it to power on.
- If you're setting up a Wifi point, close the Google Wifi app and reopen it to attempt setup.
- Your Wifi point’s light will continually pulse blue when it’s ready for setup.
Check out this help article if you still have issues.
- Open the Google Wifi app.
- Tap the tab, then Network & general.
- Tap Wifi points, then Add Wifi point.
- The app will walk you through the rest!
Still have questions?