How can we help?
- Google Wi-Fi
- Netcomm NF18 Wi-Fi Setup
- Netcomm NF4V Wi-Fi Setup
- Netcomm NB604N Wi-Fi Setup
- What are the Wifi Standards and how does it impact my Internet Speeds?
- What is a Mesh WIFI Network?
- How do I turn off my WIFI?
- What is the recommended WiFi Channel range for Apple and Mac devices?
- How can I extend the WiFi range of my modem?
- How can I get the most out of my wireless network?
- See more
What is Google Wifi?
Google Wi-Fi is a new type of connected Wi-Fi system that replaces your modem Wi-Fi, for seamless coverage throughout your home.
- Enjoy a fast Wi-Fi signal in every room, on every device.
- Removes the Wi-Fi speed bottle neck of more than 10 devices to a single Wi-Fi access point
- Solves Wi-Fi coverage issues with two story and large new Zealand homes
- Mesh technology that makes transitioning between access points in your home seamless
- Provides a solution for parents worried about how much time kids are spending on the internet
Key Features of Google Wi-Fi
Improved Wi-Fi coverage
- Since Wi-Fi is broadcasted from each Wi-Fi point (rather than a single router). Google Wi-Fi is a connected system that provides better coverage over a wider area.
Increased Wi-Fi speeds
- Since all the Wi-Fi points are connected, data can take several paths towards its destination. Google Wi-Fi points always choose the fastest route from your device to the internet. This means you will get faster Wi-Fi speeds.
Family controls for your Wi-Fi network.
- Pause Wi-Fi access on demand. You can decide when your kids have access to the internet on their devices by pausing Wi-Fi for specific devices.
- Schedule internet time-out. Schedule Wi-Fi pauses during busy times like bedtime or homework time.
- Block adult websites. Use Google’s safe search to block adult websites from appearing on your kids’
I’m already a customer, how do I get one?
We have a deal for existing customers, $200 off Google Wi-Fi (3 pack), $399.00 incl GST (Recommended Retail Price is $599.00)
NB: This is an outright purchase of Google Wifi so you will own the product.
- Your account will need to be in credit by $399.
- Go into My Orcon a make a $399 payment.
- Call our team on 0800 56 46 87 and ask one of our team to submit an order for you. NB: A courier delivery fee of $14.95 (incl GST) will apply.
Does Google Wifi come with a warranty?
Google Wi-Fi comes with a standard 12-month warranty.
Warranty returns: we will replace your Google Wi-Fi device with a new or refurbished device functionally at least equivalent to yours
What happens if I decide to leave Orcon and I have a Google Wifi rental?
In the unlikely event where you want to leave Orcon and you have the Google Wifi rental product we will send a returns bag for your modem and Google Wifi. Otherwise you will need to pay a non-return fee, as per our promotional terms. Check them out here.
How do I set up my Google Wifi device?
Google has awesome help articles to get you up set up with your new Google Wi-Fi system. Head over here to check it out. Or download the Google Wi-Fi app to set up your Wi-Fi points and access its features. Download the app at the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
How can I add Wi-Fi point(s) to an existing Google Wi-Fi network?
- Open the Google Wifi app.
- Tap the tab, then Network & general.
- Tap Wifi points, then Add Wifi point.
- The app will walk you through the rest!
What if my Wi-Fi point isn’t found during setup?
The issue could be that your Wifi point isn’t properly connected. Check the power and Ethernet cables and make sure they’re securely in place. Find out how here.
How do I turn Wi-Fi off on my modem?
Once you have set Google Wifi up, please download or open the Orcon app (it’s on the Google Play and App Stores). Then select Wi-Fi from the menu and turn off Wi-Fi on your modem (there’s a toggle, you’ll see it). You can also do this via your browser www.orcon.net.nz/myorcon. Doing this means that you’ll only be transmitting Wi-Fi via your Google Wifi devices and it will work better that way.
Stuck in setup?
In rare cases, you may have issues connecting to the setup network or get stuck on the “Checking Wifi point status” screen for several minutes. This could mean that your mobile device’s Wi-Fi is in an unstable state.
In general, tapping your mobile device’s back button and restarting the setup process can fix this. If that doesn’t work:
- Close the Google Wi-Fi app. Note: Don’t just exit the app.
- For Android, tap the Recent Apps button and swipe the Google Wifi app to close it.
- For iOS, double-tap the Home button and swipe upward on the Google Wifi app to close it.
- Open your mobile device’s Wi-Fi settings. Toggle the Wi-Fi switch OFF then ON.
- In the list of available networks, select any nearby connected networks and ‘forget’ them. You can keep your Wifi point’s setup network.
- Open the Google Wifi app, and try to set up your Wifi point again.
If you still need assistance, please contact Google online support.
What if my Wi-Fi point can’t connect to the internet?
- If your Wifi point isn’t getting an internet connection from your modem:
- Unplug your modem and your Wifi point from power.
- Wait about 2 minutes. This will make sure your modem and Wifi point are fully off.
- Then plug the power cable back into only your modem and wait 1 minute.
- Plug the power cable into your Wifi point and wait 20 seconds for it to power on.
- If you're setting up an Wifi point, close the Google Wifi app and reopen it to attempt setup.
- Your Wifi point’s light will continually pulse blue when it’s ready for setup.
What’s under the hood?
The full Google Wi-Fi spec sheet is available to view here.
How can I access Google Wi-Fi Support?
Online Google Wifi support pages are located here. https://support.google.com/wifi/
NZ Support line for Google Wifi 0800 700 643 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
Request a chat with a Google Wi-Fi specialist here. https://support.google.com/wifi/contactflowWas this article helpful?
Still have questions?