How can we help?
- Google Wi-Fi
- Netcomm NF18 Wi-Fi Setup
- Netcomm NF4V Wi-Fi Setup
- Netcomm NB604N Wi-Fi Setup
- What are the Wifi Standards and how does it impact my Internet Speeds?
- What is a Mesh WIFI Network?
- How do I turn off my WIFI?
- What is the recommended WiFi Channel range for Apple and Mac devices?
- How can I extend the WiFi range of my modem?
- How can I get the most out of my wireless network?
- See more
What is Google Wifi?
Google Wi-Fi is a new type of connected Wi-Fi system that replaces your modem Wi-Fi, for seamless coverage throughout your home.
- Enjoy a fast Wi-Fi signal in every room, on every device.
- Removes the Wi-Fi speed bottle neck of more than 10 devices to a single Wi-Fi access point
- Solves Wi-Fi coverage issues with two story and large new Zealand homes
- Mesh technology that makes transitioning between access points in your home seamless
- Provides a solution for parents worried about how much time kids are spending on the internet
Key Features of Google Wi-Fi
Improved Wi-Fi coverage
- Since Wi-Fi is broadcasted from each Wi-Fi point (rather than a single router). Google Wi-Fi is a connected system that provides better coverage over a wider area.
Increased Wi-Fi speeds
- Since all the Wi-Fi points are connected, data can take several paths towards its destination. Google Wi-Fi points always choose the fastest route from your device to the internet. This means you will get faster Wi-Fi speeds.
Family controls for your Wi-Fi network.
- Pause Wi-Fi access on demand. You can decide when your kids have access to the internet on their devices by pausing Wi-Fi for specific devices.
- Schedule internet time-out. Schedule Wi-Fi pauses during busy times like bedtime or homework time.
- Block adult websites. Use Google’s safe search to block adult websites from appearing on your kids’
I’m already a customer, how do I get one?
We have a deal for existing customers, $200 off Google Wi-Fi (3 pack), $399.00 incl GST (Recommended Retail Price is $599.00)
NB: This is an outright purchase of Google Wifi so you will own the product.
- Your account will need to be in credit by $399.
- Go into My Orcon a make a $399 payment.
- Call our team on 0800 56 46 87 and ask one of our team to submit an order for you. NB: A courier delivery fee of $14.95 (incl GST) will apply.
Does Google Wifi come with a warranty?
Google Wi-Fi comes with a standard 12-month warranty.
Warranty returns: we will replace your Google Wi-Fi device with a new or refurbished device functionally at least equivalent to yours
How do I turn Wi-Fi off on my modem?
Once you have set Google Wifi up, please download or open the Orcon app (it’s on the Google Play and App Stores). Then select Wi-Fi from the menu and turn off Wi-Fi on your modem (there’s a toggle, you’ll see it). You can also do this via your browser www.orcon.net.nz/myorcon. Doing this means that you’ll only be transmitting Wi-Fi via your Google Wifi devices and it will work better that way.
How do I set up my Google Wifi device?
Google has awesome help articles to get you up set up with your new Google Wi-Fi system. Head over here to check it out. Or download the Google Wi-Fi app to set up your Wi-Fi points and access its features. Download the app at the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
What’s under the hood?
The full Google Wi-Fi spec sheet is available to view here.
What happens if I decide to leave Orcon and I have a Google Wifi rental?
In the unlikely event where you want to leave Orcon and you have the Google Wifi rental product we will send a returns bag for your modem and Google Wifi. Otherwise you will need to pay a non-return fee, as per our promotional terms. Check them out here.
Still have questions?