How can we help?
Learn all about Fibre Broadband and what is involved in the installation procedure.
Frequently Asked Questions
Was this article helpful?
Fibre is the best broadband service available on our network, delivering our most superior internet performance. Fibre provides a reliable, consistent experience throughout the day and allows you to get all your tasks completed online much faster.
You can sign up for Fibre with online by selecting the plan you require and entering your address. Alternatively, you can also sign up with our Sales team on 0800 56 46 87. When you submit an order with our team for Fibre services, we will then request your local Fibre company to complete the installation.
- With Fibre broadband the home phone operates over the Fibre internet connection and the copper line is removed/reutilized to complete your Fibre installation.
- If you have a medical alarm or security system running through your landline, we recommend contacting your manufacturer to confirm if it will operate over the Fibre network.
- Homeline services through the Fibre network also do not operate in the event of a power outage.
Fibre connections generally take 5-10 business days for remote connections (when an Optical Network Terminal is already installed in the premise). If you require the Optical Network Terminal to be installed, the installation can take up to 3 months depending on consents.
There are a variety of methods to install Fibre and we will choose the best option for each property. The installation plan of the Fibre connection is agreed with you before the work begins.You can read more about Chorus Fibre installation methods here.
- You can certainly retain your existing phone number with any upgrade to Fibre requests.
- We will supply you with a modem rental for a one-off delivery cost of $14.95.
Fibre broadband uses optical fibre technology which is the fastest and most reliable internet service currently available. The broadband speeds you experience are dependent on the the plan you select and a range of factors such as the number of devices connected to the internet, your modem and cables, your computer/device and any applications/programs running in the background.
You can test your broadband speeds at anytime here. Listed below are our recommendations for the most accurate results:
- Make sure nobody else is online.
- Use an Ethernet cable to plug a computer into your modem.
- Ensure that there are no programs, applications or other web pages running on your computer at the time of the test.
Still Need Help?
Get in touch with our customer support team.Submit an Email
Still have questions?