How can we help?
- Modem Setup Guides
- Setting Up Your Modem on ADSL or VDSL - Netcomm NF18
- Setting Up Your Modem ADSL or VDSL- Netcomm NF4V
- Setting Up Your Modem Fibre - Netcomm NF18
- Setting Up Your Modem Fibre - Netcomm NF4V
- How do I factory reset my modem?
- Configuring your non-Orcon supplied modem/router
- VPN modem/router malware
- How to setup Separate SSIDs for WiFi using the NF18ACV
- Advanced NF18AC Configuration
- See more
Configuring your non-Orcon supplied modem/router
How do I configure my own modem to work with my new Orcon broadband connection?
Our Technical Support team can help you with your modem only if it was supplied by Orcon. If you have a modem that was not supplied by Orcon, you'll need to know the following information:
• Orcon broadband username & password.
• The default IP address for your modem (If you don't know this, please check the list below for the manufacturer of your modem).
• The username & password to login to your modem (Again, if you don't know this, check the user manual for your modem, or get in touch with the manufacturer).
You may also need some more technical settings for your modem. It's difficult for us to be really specific here, because the location will be different dependent on the modem you're using. The information is:
• VPI = 0
• VCI = 100
• The protocol needs to be PPPoA with VC multiplexed encapsulation (VC-MUX)
• If you need the Orcon DNS, click here.
You'll need to get in touch with the company that made your modem (look for a brand name on your modem) of your type of modem for instructions on how to configure their modem. Some common modem vendors are listed below:
If you are not able to configure your non Orcon-supplied modem with the help of the vendor, please call us on 0800 13 14 15 and we'll see what we can do to help.Was this article helpful?
Still have questions?