How can we help?
- WiFi Setup for NL1901 Business Modem
- Google Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi Setup & Troubleshooting for Netcomm NF4V
- Netcomm NB604N Wi-Fi Setup
- What are the Wifi Standards and how does it impact my Internet Speeds?
- What is a Mesh WIFI Network?
- How do I turn off my WIFI?
- What is the recommended WiFi Channel range for Apple and Mac devices?
- How can I extend the WiFi range of my modem?
- How can I get the most out of my wireless network?
- See more
WiFi Setup for NL1901 Business Modem
Follow these simple steps to get your Wi-Fi setup on your NL1901 Business Modem.
Method 1: Slingshot My Account
1. Download the My Orcon app on your mobile or tablet,
2. Log in (with your Orcon account email and password) and find ‘My Wi-Fi’ in the right-hand menu
3. Enter a new network name and password for your Wi-Fi
4. Press ‘Save’.
Make sure all of your devices use the new network name and password.
Method 2: Modem Interface
Make sure you’ve connected your device to the modem via cable or Wi-Fi before completing these steps.
1. Open an internet browser and type in 192.168.1.1
2. Enter the user name and password:
Password: last 6 digits of modem MAC address (all lower case), which you’ll find on the back of your modem
3. Select ‘Wireless’ in the left-hand menu
4. Select ‘2.4 GHz’ in the left-hand menu under ’Wireless’
5. In the field labelled ‘SSID’, enter your new Wi-Fi name, then click ‘Save’
6. Select ‘Security’ under ‘2.4GHz’ in the left-hand menu
7. In the field labelled ‘WPA/WAPI passphrase’, enter a new Wi-Fi password and click ‘Save’
8. Repeat the process from step 5 for the ‘5 GHz’ section. Make sure the Wi-Fi name (SSID) and password are identical to the ‘2.4 GHz’ Wi-Fi. Your devices will connect to the most suitable network automatically.
Make sure all of your devices use the new network name and password.Was this article helpful?
Still have questions?