How can we help?
- Wi-Fi Setup for Fritz!Box 7490
- How to select the best Wi-Fi channel
- How to fix slow Wi-Fi
- WiFi Setup for NL1901 Business Modem
- Forgotten your Wi-Fi Password
- Google Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi Setup & Troubleshooting for Netcomm NF4V
- Netcomm NB604N Wi-Fi Setup
- What are the Wi-Fi Standards and how do they impact my Internet Speeds?
- What is a Mesh Wi-Fi Network?
- See more
Wi-Fi Setup for Fritz!Box 7490
These instructions will help you setup Wi-Fi on your Fritz!Box 7490 modem.
1. Connect to your Wi-Fi network, or plug an Ethernet cable to one of the free LAN ports on the back of your modem and the other end to your computer.
2. Open up your web browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Internet Explorer, etc.) and type 192.168.178.1 into the address bar.
Note: When logging in for the first time you will be prompted to go through a setup wizard. Select your preferred language and New Zealand as your region. The modem will then restart and come back online after a few minutes requesting you to enter a password for accessing the modem interface. Ensure you choose a password that is secure and is easy to remember.
3. When prompted enter your new password to access the modem menu. From the left hand side select WLAN and then Radio Network.
4. In the "Name of the wireless radio network (SSID)" section enter your desired Wi-Fi network name. Complete this for this for both 2.4 and 5 GHz frequencies and click Apply at the bottom of the page to save your changes.
5. Select WLAN from the left hand menu and choose Security.
6. In the Network Key field, enter your desired Wi-Fi password. Pick a password that’s easy to remember although hard to guess. We recommend using a combination of numbers and upper and lower case letters.
7. Click the Apply button at the bottom of the page.
Please note that if you were logged into your modem wirelessly, you'll need to reconnect to the wireless network using the new password you have set and also update the password on any other devices you use to connect to the internet.Was this article helpful?
Still Need Help?
Get in touch with our customer support team.Submit an Email
Still have questions?